So the snow is falling and your energy is down so starting an organizing project is not going to be that productive.
Good News! You can relax on the couch and still accomplish your first step forward. Making a list.
- Which Room or area do you want to get organized? If there is more than one, make a list for each area.
- Why isn’t the space working for you? too small? too big? too much stuff? what is the space used for?
- How do you use the space now?
- What do you want to use the space for? this will help determine what to add or take away
- Does the area need reorganized or is a total redesign
Next is the wish list. This will come in handy if you are getting help from an organizer, designer or closet company.
- Are you a colorful person and like different color bins and so on?
- Do you prefer baskets, containers, glass or plastic?
- Do you like cubbies or shelves?
- Do you like new items or reuse items already owned?
- Labels or no labels?
There you did it! You have taken your first step in simplifying your home and you didn’t have to leave the couch.
Tomorrow you can start focused with a plan in hand!